We recognise that your privacy is important to you. We are committed to ensure that any information which you provide to us is collected and managed in an open and transparent way and in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Use of your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To manage your reservation and booking.
- To manage your stay at our hotel.
- To improve our services including to better understand your needs and requests and to tailor our products and services to better suit your desires.
- To send you newsletters, promotions and marketing material about offers at CCC or our partner organisations or to contact you by telephone.
- To improve our services.
- To secure and improve your use of our services.
- To comply with any obligations imposed on us by law.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect information from you which is:
- General information: this is information which is anonymous data that we use to analyse trends for general use and to help us understand the needs of our customers so that we can improve the quality of your stay with us. General information includes the number of room nights booked and used, where guests are from, room rates, age, gender, purpose of travel and whether the booking is done by telephone, through a booking agency or through our website and services used by guests during their stay at CCC.
- Personal information: Personal Information is any information that personally identifies you such as your name, age and date of birth, home address, contact telephone numbers and email address, your driver’s licence and passport, your credit card details, your company name if the travel is for business purposes, your car registration number and how the account will be settled. We may obtain from you whether you have any dietary requirements, room preferences, disabilities or other lifestyle information. While staying with us, we may record the number of times you have stayed, telephone numbers dialled, movies watched, room service ordered, third party bookings which we arrange at your request such as tours and other information you supply to us.
Personal information may be collected from you if you make an enquiry by telephone, email via our website, when you make a reservation or at the time of check in or check out or as a result of your dealings with us during your stay.
Personal information may be collected from a partner organisation, booking agency, a tour operator or an internet reservation system to whom you have provided your Personal Information to make a booking at our hotel.
Personal information may also be collected from you if you enter a competition run by us, if you reply to a survey conducted by us, if you purchase a membership with us, in communications with us or our staff, before, during or after your stay, if you attend an event, function or conference held with us or if you utilize any of the facilities at CCC.
CCC uses social media to communicate with guests and the public at large. Any information which you disclose to CCC through social media may be collected by CCC.
CCC monitors public areas of its hotel by close circuit television and may collect information about you as a result.
We may also collect Personal Information from you if the law requires us to collect that information.
Sensitive information is information about your origin, beliefs, membership, sexual preferences or health. In ordinary circumstances, CCC does not collect sensitive information other than information that identifies any memberships that you have.
CCC will not collect sensitive information from you without your consent. If we collect sensitive information from you, we will disclose to you the reason for seeking it.
Sharing and Dealing with your Personal Information
If you provide Personal Information to us we will only use or disclose that information for the purposes of our business unless:
- You consent to the use or disclosure of your Personal Information; or
- You would reasonably expect that we will use or disclose your Personal Information for that purpose as, for example, making a booking on your behalf with an external service provider; or
- As otherwise required by law or permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles.
CCC has a number of partner organizations. Those organizations are listed on our website www.clarecountryclub.com.au. Your Personal Information may be provided to them solely for the purposes described above.
You can object to us using your Personal Information as described in this Policy. However, if you do, CCC may not be able to provide you with the service requested or only on conditions such as, for example, requiring a cash deposit or bond if you do not wish to provide your credit card details.
You may request that you do not receive direct marketing communications from us. If you make a request we will respond to that request as soon as reasonably practicable.
You may request that your Personal Information is not provided to our partner organisations.
Protection of your Personal Information
We are committed to take reasonable precautions to protect the security of your Personal Information. This includes limiting access to our computer systems by use of passwords and other security devices and to prevent unauthorized access, modification, use or disclosure and back up systems to prevent accidental or malicious loss of data or information.
We will take such steps as are reasonable to destroy any Personal Information that we have about you if there is no longer any need for us to keep that information.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any information which we hold about you and use is accurate, up‑to‑date, complete and relevant.
We will provide you with access to any Personal Information that we hold about you without charge.
Access can be obtained by emailing email@example.com or writing to Clare Country Club, PO Box 696, Clare, South Australia 5453.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
If you wish to stay in our hotel on an anonymous basis, we may be able to accommodate your request but we cannot guarantee it. You will not be able to make a booking in advance.
At the time of check in, if you do not wish to provide credit card details, you must pay for the cost of your stay in full in advance and you will be required to pay in cash a bond on account of services or facilities that are provided to you during your stay. The cash bond will be refunded to you on your departure provided that your room is left in good order and you have paid for all services supplied by CCC and there are no other outstanding liabilities such as mini bar.
PO Box 696, Clare, South Australia 5453
Australian Privacy Principles
If you are interested in obtaining further information about the Australian Privacy Principles, you can visit the Australian Government website at www.comlaw.gov.au.
The following are direct partner organisations of Clare Country Club:
Adelaide Meridien Hotel & Apartments
Adelaide Royal Coach
Apartments on George
McCracken Country Club
John Pirie Motor Inn
Alice Springs RSL
last updated 1 December 2014